Job Title: Technical Architect: ComputerWorld Systems Limited.
Employment Type: Full Time.
Reporting to: Operations Director, Barry Coombs.
Location: Apex House, Turner Drive, Westerleigh Business Park. Bristol
About the Role:
As Technical Architect (TA), you will hold responsibility of ensuring that all solutions, you design as an Architect, are well considered, presented and technically sound. You will act as a technical evangelist for the technologies you represent and as a brand ambassador for ComputerWorld.
The role will require you to have an in-depth technical understanding of specific technologies within your specialist pillar as well demonstrate a high-level understanding regarding the technologies that ComputerWorld represent.
What will I be responsible and accountable for?
Customer Meetings and Solution Design
- To accept technical responsibility when you are nominated as the named Technical Architect for a design and be the technical point of contact throughout the sales process.
- To manage customer relationships and develop key accounts, from a technical perspective.
- To attend customer meetings with a member of the sales to gain an understanding of customer needs and expectations.
- To deliver presentations and/or lead discussions to agree technologies solutions which ComputerWorld or our partners can deliver.
- To prepare well considered and accurate design documents for the customer (with support and guidance from the appropriate member of the sales team), ensuring that any assumptions and design limitations are appropriately recorded.
- Following order receipt notification from our Job Management System, Podio, you will check your design and hand over to the Project Manager within a 48-hour time frame, liaising with the sales team and the project manager.
- To escalate issues regarding design or time-frames to the Pre-sales and Operations Director in a timely fashion
- To liaise with other Technical Architects to ensure different elements of the design are coherent, as appropriate.
- To accurately maintain the professional service master document and all relevant design templates.
- To attend conferences and meetings with Clients, Post Sales and Project Managers as required within the sales and project process.
- To regularly review and maintain the Job Management System (Podio) on a regular basis, to ensure all tasks are allocated accordingly and updated on the tasks allocated and completed.
Other Technical Duties
- To participate in the Audit Process with the post-sales team, ensuring new solutions for clients integrate with existing deployed solutions and meet customers’ needs.
- To receive escalation calls from the Service Desk or Post Sales team, on occasion to assist with a timely resolution.
- To become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in your pillar of speciality. Refer to the list below.
- To regularly update colleagues with relevant changes to your SME area.
- To provide customer demonstrations of solutions and provide informal training of their deployed technologies.
- To participate in occasional pre-sale and post-sale installations of solution, where required.
- To prepare Blog posts on technologies within your pillar.
- To participate with Marketing to assist with content, events and conferences.
- To deliver Marketing feedback where needed.
- To follow all Health and Safety procedures as outlined in the Health & Safety Policy
- To carry out any other ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Generate new business leads whenever possible
Key Performance indicators
- Achieve a high conversation rate of designs to sales as possible (The business would like to achieve a conversion rate of at least 50% through better sales qualification and better pre-sales engagement)
- Create a minimum of one blog post per month
- Maintain Dell and other agreed certifications on a yearly basis
- Ensure that every Podio task follow the pre-sales process and has sufficient commentary for someone else to be able to pick if required
- Update the due date on new tasks within 48hours of allocation
- Strong level of communication with the sales team to keep the customer informed and to maximise sales opportunity
- Transferring post sales requests to the project management team within 48 hours
- Produce consistently high-quality design and sales documents
- Demonstrate your Subject Matter Expert in your pillar by ensuring that new information and developments are clearly communicated to Technical Architects and the wider company via Yammer within week of a major update or development
- All post-sale installation site visits are consistently logged onto the system upon every visit
Key Behaviour indicators (Please refer to the ‘What does Good Behaviour look like?’ sheet)
- Delivering Results
- Being Accountable
- Showing Respect
- Team Working
- Personal Ethics
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Attention to detail
- Cost and efficiency focused
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Approaches tasks with enthusiasm, adaptability and energy
- Strong time management, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with initiative, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Conscientious and Diligent work ethic
- Advanced technical skills in your pillar
- Maintain industry specific qualifications as per your specialism
Subject Matter Expert Specialisms
Wires and Wireless Networking Specialist
- To be responsible as the pre-sales specialist for the following technologies
- Ruckus Wireless
- Dell Networking
- Cisco Networking
- Barracuda Security Appliances
- To maintain awareness of industry changes and news
- Inform the Operations Director of new technologies for further investigation
- Highlight marketing updates required for relevant Wired and Wireless pages on the website
- To achieve and maintain the CWNA and Cisco CCNP Qualifications
- Maintain Dell Server and Networking Accreditations
- Maintain the networking audit process and marketing documents
- Maintain VMware NSX VTSP