ComputerWorld is a provider of expert business IT solutions, consultation, training and support. We specialise in virtualisation and cloud, workspace transformation, wired and wireless networking and Microsoft technologies as well as application training.
We aim to provide the complete breadth of IT solutions with a truly personal service.
Our goal is to create scalable business growth to provide services nationwide with a focus on developing our strategic recurring revenue. We aspire to be a learning organisation with clear development and career progression plans to align individual growth to the organisational growth plans.
Overall Purpose of the Role
As a Technical Architect (TA), you will hold responsibility of ensuring that all solutions, you design as an Architect, are well considered, presented and technically sound. You will act as a technical evangelist for the technologies you represent and as a brand ambassador for ComputerWorld.
The role will require you to have an in-depth technical understanding of specific technologies within your specialist pillar as well demonstrate a high-level understanding regarding the technologies that ComputerWorld represent.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Customer Meetings and Solution Design
- To accept technical responsibility when you are nominated as the named Technical Architect for a design and be the technical point of contact throughout the sales process.
- To manage customer relationships and develop key accounts, from a technical perspective.
- To attend customer meetings with a member of the sales to gain an understanding of customer needs and expectations.
- To deliver presentations and/or lead discussions to agree technologies solutions which ComputerWorld or our partners can deliver.
- To prepare well considered and accurate design documents for the customer (with support and guidance from the appropriate member of the sales team), ensuring that any assumptions and design limitations are appropriately recorded.
- Following order receipt notification from our Job Management System, Podia, you will check your design and hand over to the Project Manager within a 48-hour time frame, liaising with the sales team and the project manager.
- To escalate issues regarding design or time-frames to the appropriate party in a timely fashion
- To liaise with other Technical Architects to ensure different elements of the design are coherent, as appropriate.
- To accurately maintain the professional service master document and all relevant design templates.
- To attend conferences and meetings with Clients, Post Sales and Project Managers as required within the sales and project process.
- To regularly review and maintain the Job Management System (Podio) on a regular basis, to ensure all tasks are allocated accordingly and updated on the tasks allocated and completed.
Other Technical Duties
- To participate in the Audit Process with the post-sales team, ensuring new solutions for clients integrate with existing deployed solutions and meet customers’ needs.
- To receive escalation calls from the Service Desk or Post Sales team, on occasion to assist with a timely resolution.
- To become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in your pillar of speciality. Refer to the list below.
- To regularly update colleagues with relevant changes to your SME area.
- To provide customer demonstrations of solutions and provide informal training of their deployed technologies.
- To participate in occasional pre-sale and post-sale installations of solution, where required.
- To maintain awareness of industry changes and news.
- Inform of new technologies for further investigation
- Highlight marketing updates required for relevant virtualisation and cloud pages on the website
- Maintain a minimum of VMware vSphere VCP and Cisco CCNA qualifications
- Maintain Dell Server, Networking and Storage Dell Partner Accreditation
- Maintain VMware VTSP for Virtualisation, VSAN and NSX
- Maintain Veeam and Dell Compellent Certifications
- To prepare Blog posts on technologies within your pillar.
- To participate with Marketing to assist with content, events and conferences.
- To deliver Marketing feedback where needed.
To be a good ComputerWorld citizen
- To champion and deliver a culture of continuous improvement
- To follow all Health and Safety procedures as outlined in the Health & Safety Policy
- To carry out any other ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Generate new business leads whenever possible
- To identify process organisational improvement methods and liaise with the appropriate service manager for implementation
- To ensure that all processes are undertaken in accordance with ISO processes and that stats are maintained and accounted as required
- To deliver against the organisational values, to hold colleagues to account and to promote the values through all ComputerWorld interactions
- To undertake all statutory responsibilities aligned with the expectations of the role